Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Maybelline Nudes palette- Yay or Nay: June Jubilee! Day 1

Hello Stars! Welcome to my new series, June Jubilee!- there is really no rhyme or reason to these posts and videos but they're all going to try and have a happy theme because, ya know, "Jubilee!" I know, cheesy right? Well, I'm a cheesy person ;)  Anyway, as you probably guessed from the title of today's post I will be reviewing the Nudes palette by Maybelline.  Now, don't judge it before you read this review or try it folks- you will be surprised.  The palette looks like this:
                                 
 The palette itself is quite durable, hard plastic casing with a clear plastic window so you can see the colors.  There is a good mixture of mattes and shimmer/sparkle colors- I was pleasantly surprised.  The only colors that are truly quite chalky are the two whites- top left corner, and second from the bottom right.  Even then, they are still usable unlike I was lead to believe by videos and blog posts bashing this palette.   So after hearing nothing but bad things about this palette I decided that I wanted to give it a try for myself, and I'm very glad I did.  I discovered that, with the right brushes and primer, the shadows can actually look quite nice.  
Here are a few of the colors swatched on my fingers:
The far right  (not my pinkie, no shadow on that finger) did get a bit washed out due to flash and bad back lighting.    But that is only two swipes of each color, pretty good for a $9.99 drugstore palette, non?  Here is the look that I created with this palette, not totally me because it's a bit smokey but I was pleasantly surprised with how well a look that I had not planned at all turned out.
I stuck mainly to the taupes for the lid and then took one of the shimmery dark browns and popped that in the crease.  I know shock horror shimmer in the crease but it can be done tastefully, I tell you! I promise! I then took the shimmery white, which was just the tiniest bit chalky, and highlighted my brow bone and then took the gold color and gently popped it into the corner of my eye to help open them up.  I then tight- lined my eyes with a simple NYX black liner and then used the Wet n Wild Max Volume mascara to finish the look off and I think it came off pretty well considering this palette was bashed left, right, and to the moon.  What do you think of this look? Would you now consider getting this palette? I definitely want to get the Blushed Nudes palette.  XOXO
Be bold, Be beautiful, Be YOU!
PR? Questions? E-mail Me at: emmadelfosse.mua@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!