Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June Jubilee Day 19: My Top 5 Single Eyeshadows!

Hey there Stars! I'm doing a little mini series inside of my Jubilee series and carrying into July (of which I will be taking a month's break from a monthly series).  The posts will be my Top 5's of different things like lipgloss, lipstick, brushes and, today, single shadows! Let me know if you like this series or if you think it's been over done.  I won't stop doing it because I like it but I do take all of your comments into consideration :D
The first shadow I'm going to talk about is the L'Oreal Infallible shadow in Amber Rush.
It looks rose gold in the picture, which it is, but there is just a little bit more pink in the shadow than it's showing.  That's the first reason I love it, the second is because it is a pressed pigment so you are putting pure pigment onto your lid without the mess of using a straight pigment.  They also have a wide range of colors, including a dupe for Stila's Kitten.

The second shadow is the NYX Glam Shadow in Sable, which is a glitter finish.
Now, I am a makeup artist and I know what people say about glitter in the crease BUT I find this to be the most beautiful transition/crease/outer V color I've found.  It's very pigmented and has a great color pay off without any fall out.  It's a nice brown that can work for day or night.  Which is absolutely wonderful because glitter shadows tend to have a ton of fallout.  

Up next is my only MAC eyeshadow in Jest, which is a frost finish.
I love this eyeshadow because it is a truly versatile color.  You can use it to base a very bold eye look, or alone as an all over eyeshadow wash if you're in a rush in the morning.  It goes on so smoothly and has just the right amount of sheen to add a bit of pop to your eyes.

Fourth on the list is the Urban Decay Moondust Shadow in Glitter Rock
If I remember correctly, this was actually the very first single eyeshadow, that wasn't drugstore, I ever bought.  I love this range of shadows in general because they can be used wet and dry and when used wet it won't ruin the shadow when it dries.  It's intense when dry but really intense when wet, but I do prefer to use it dry.  It is glitter packed but there is ABSOLUTELY NO FALL OUT. None at all. I was shocked when I first used it.  This is going to be a line that I want to order more colors from in the future.

Finally, number five, Colour Pop's Super Shock Shadow in Fringe which is a Metallic finish.
This was the first color I put in my basket when I made my first Colour Pop order.  I just thought it was a nice white gold color with a lot of shimmer in it.  As you can probably see in the picture in the center, I've made a pretty good dent in the product and that's because I use it so much.  It is so versatile, that's why I love it, it's a good all over color wash, browbone highlighter, or inner corner highlight.  For a softer look and application, I use a brush, but for a more 'wabam' color I use my finger.  This shadow, along with all of their products, blend out effortlessly.  I made this last because it is my favorite.  I'm just in love with Colour Pop and everything they make.  Well done, Colour Pop, well done. 
What are some of your favorite single shadows? XOXO
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be You!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!