Saturday, December 21, 2013

No Heat Wavy Hair with Volume

Firstly, this is my 100th post on this blog! In honor of this momentous occasion, I will be showing you how to get wavy/ volumized hair without using any heat or styling tools. I am going to try and do a series of either picture or video tutorials of different, simple, ways to do your hair as by request of the lovely Kat at Matte Kat.
First, wash your hair because you will get the best results with damp hair.  I let my hair dry almost completely before doing this because otherwise my hair will never dry completely, and then I've really got a mess on my hands.  Then split your hair as if you were to be putting them into pigtails, then take one section and start twisting and twirling it, and make a mini bun.  Then tie it off with a hair tie wrapped around the base of the mini bun a few times.  Repeat with the other side.  This is what it should look like when you're done:

I left my hair like this practically all day, from about 11 AM this morning to about 9:30PM.  I mainly left it in that long because I was doing other things, and this kept my hair out of my face and out of the way.  This is what the finished product looked like: 


As you can see, it doesn't necessarily curl your hair but it does give it some wave, body, and volume.  It was a lot more poofy, for lack of a better term, before I brushed it out.  If doing this for a look at night or during the day, I would definitely finish it off with a light spritzing of hair spray to be sure that the body and whatnot holds throughout your daily or nightly activities.  I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial as to one of the ways I do my hair, I would love your feedback and suggestions for what else you would like to see! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad you decided to do this! I will be trying this out asap, it looks easier than I thought it would. Thank you!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'll be doing one soon as to how I do curly hair with no heat :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!