Saturday, May 21, 2016

Battle of the Mascaras: Round 2

Hello my beautiful Stars and welcome to the Battle of the Mascaras, Round 2. If you missed out on Round 1, or would like a refresher, that post will be linked right here so you can check it out. Today the battle will be between last weeks victor, the Maybelline Lash Sensational original and the Maybelline Colossal Volume. I will compare both mascara's formulas, look, and application to decide which mascara will be this weeks victor to continue on to Round 3. So, let's get ready to RUMBLE!


First, let's take a look at what each tube looks like as well as what the brushes look like.  While what the tube looks like does not contribute to who wins or loses, it is important to factor in the brush.
Colossal Volume
 Each of these are Maybelline mascaras, so their packaging is very similar in shape and size. 
Lash Sensational Original
Now what does go into the judging is the brush, so let's take a look shall we? The brush on the colossal volume mascara is a natural bristle brush, which I think helps to give the lashes a more natural and fanned out look in general.  The brush on the lash sensational mascara, however, is a plastic bristle brush which does help to prevent clumping and, in my opinion, really helps you get to the root of the lashes making them appear fuller and more lush.  Now onto the eye comparison.
Colossal Volume
Lash Sensational
Now here is where we can really see how each mascara performs on the lash.  The eye with the Lash Sensational on it definitely has a more fanned out look and they look more natural and not as dark.  The Colossal Volume eye, however, has a darker color to it and the lashes definitely look a bit fuller.  Both provide a decent amount of length to the lash without going overboard.  Both products are neither very dry or very wet, leaving them at that medium stage.  As well, both products can be built up so that the lashes are more intense and noticeable the more you build the product up. The Colossal Volume mascara does remove a little bit easier, but that really is hard to say because both mascaras dissolve very nicely when I use my cold cream to take my makeup off.
So the winner of this round is... The Maybelline Lash Sensational. This was a very tough decision to make because I really liked how both eyes looked but in the end I had to go with the one that fanned the lashes out more.  I didn't choose the Colossal Volume because it had a slight spidery effect and while I like that on occasion, it just didn't appeal to me here.  I almost chose the Colossal because of the easy to remove factor, but all in all I am going based off of look and not remove-ability.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with my decision, I would love to know! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!