Tuesday, May 10, 2016

L'Oreal Lumi Cushion REVIEW

After much hype, I finally was able to get my hands on the L'Oreal Lumi Cushion foundation.  This has become one of my favorite foundations that I have tried this year.  Being that I haven't even bothered to mention the other foundations I've tried, that makes this one very special.  Keep reading to read my full review!


This is the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion foundation in the color  N2.  I was afraid it wasn't going to match but it wound up being the perfect color with room to bronze if I so desire.
There are two phases to opening this product.  First when you open the lid there is a little compartment (shown above) with a sponge in it.  The sponge is not your typical sponge, it's not as porous and feels more like foam than sponge.  As well, it doesn't suck up the product so you can't get to it.  I've found that using the sponge in here to work just as well as using my beauty blender.
The little compartment is hinged and swings open to reveal the cushion soaked in the product itself. You just have to dab the sponge or Beauty Blender into the product to produce the foundation.  I find that it releases just the right amount of product, not leaving your sponge dry nor does it soak it to the point where you can't use it.   Then when you're finished, to preserve the product, you swing the hinged, I call it a door, closure closed and snap it tight then you close the top lid and snap that tight.  There is no chance of spillage from everything from carrying it around to it going in sideways one day into my beauty drawer, the product stayed nice and tidy in it's compartment.  Since it is soaked up in a sponge, the foundation will not spill everywhere if accidentally knocked to the ground while doing your makeup.  The product does come with a good sized mirror on the lid and because of the double compartment design you don't get the foundation smudges on the mirror like you do with other makeup compacts.  I give this product a definite ten out of ten and five stars.  While a little pricey for the drugstore, it's cheaper than the Laneige one and you can use the L'Oreal coupons on it! Now that's a good steal, if I do say so myself.  This is definitely going to be a good one for travel this summer as well as just being a good summer foundation. What are some of your ride or die summer foundations or bases? I'd love to know so I can give them a go! 
If you want to stay up to date with my YouTube and other social media, be sure to click the links down below and hit the follow and like buttons! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!