Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Plump, Kissable Lips

Okay, I know, 'plump kissable lips' doesn't really sound like a topic I would touch right? Well, now I'm trying some new things and that means going beyond my typical posts.  I'm re-branding and turning over a new leaf, folks. Granted, this isn't going to be scandalous or racey but it's not a review either. Anyway, enough blathering, forward- MARCH!

The first thing you want to do to get kissable, supple lips is to make sure you exfoliate your lips.  Not too much, but enough to remove the dead skin.  Exfoliating is easy enough, you just rub the exfoliator on your lips in little circular motions and then wipe if off gently with a damp cloth.  Now what exfoliating product should you use? You have a plethora of choices ranging from home made to high end.  Personally I love the Mint Julips sugar lips scrub from Lush, which you can find on their website with the lip balms, the cost is $9.95 for 0.8oz of product.
To make an at home lip scrub, all you need is a little bit of brown sugar and some honey.  You put them into a dixie cup or a small bowl that you can cover, and then you mix the two ingredients together.  Then you take it and rub it in small circles on your lips and, since it's just honey and brown sugar, you can just lick it off. Yum!

Next, after they're exfoliated, to get that larger pout you will need peppermint oil.  You can find it at any whole food store or the drugstore. Or, my favorite, a company called Peppermint Jims that you can find through that link to their website.   Now this bit you have to be careful with.  I wouldn't suggest tasting this stuff because it is pretty bitter, but does wonders for your lips.  What you need to do is put a DROP on your finger and gently run it around your lips This will tingle, but just like a plumping gloss, it will fade and leave you rlips.  DO NOT LICK THIS OFF, seriously, it tastes nasty.
The last touch is to seal all of this in and for that you want a heavier, waxier lip balm like Carmex or Smith's Rosebud Salve.  Or if you want to continue with the Peppermint then I would recommend using the Peppermint Jim peppermint lip balm.

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you would like to see more, be sure to comment below with your ideas! Also, be sure to check out my other social media to stay up to date, even when I'm not posting! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!