Sunday, May 1, 2016

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip color: Review

As matte lips become more and more on trend, I am still searching for the perfect matte lip.  In my searching I have come across many good ones and bad ones but here is one that I am still a little unsure about- the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color. 
I own two of the colors, HD Love which is a nice red and HD Temptation which is a really pretty hot pink.
 
The first thing I found about these lip products is that they do not dry to a fully matte finish, or, at least not in the couple of hours I wore them.  The product stayed glossy on my lips and did transfer but didn't get rid of the whole color on my lips.  I found out that if you sleep in the product you wake up with a pretty nice stain on your lips that will wear nicely throughout the day.   One big bonus about them not being completely matte is that they do not dry out your lips like other matte lip products. Here are lip swatches of the products:
HD Temptation
HD Love
All things considered, I do like the product but not for what it is labeled as, a matte product.  I would maybe go so far as to say that it is a demi matte lip product, but it's definitely not matte as you can see in the picture.  
If you would like to stay up with all my rants, ramblings, and pictures, be sure to check out my social media- linked below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!