Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Favorite Longwear Lipsticks

 I have four favorite longwear lipsticks/ lipglosses.  Two are from the Sephora cream lip stain line and the other two are the Rimmel London Provocalips.  The Sephora colors I have are #1 Always Red and #2 Strawberry Kissed, both colors of which are sold out online but you will probably be able to find them in the store.  The Rimmel Provocalips colors are #200 I'll Call You and #310 Little Minx.  Of the swatches below we have (top to bottom) #200 I'll Call You, #1 Always Red, #310 Little Minx, and #2 Strawberry Kissed.  Each of these colors is super pigmented and lasts for a long time without budging.  The ones by Rimmel London, though, you do have to put a clear sealant lacquer over the gloss to make it stay but the ones from Sephora stay all on their own. Why do I love them so much? I tend to lick my lops which always wipes off the product I am wearing which is a big bummer but with these I can lick my lips and not have the product completely rub off and leave a gross color ring around my lips.
So which do I prefer? I would have to say that I prefer is, in all honesty, both! The Rimmel ones run about $8 a pop and the Sephora cream lip stains run at $13 each, so they are both pretty budget friendly and they both have a pretty good color range, with Sephora having a bit more of the unique colors like Orange and Purple but the Rimmel line has a good amount of pinks, reds, and nudes which the Sephora line lacks.  It all comes down to personal preference and if you want to go all the way to Sephora or the website to get them or to CVS or Wallgreens to get the Rimmel ones. They are both non sticky and long wearing, which ticks two boxes in my lip wear category. XOXO
Have you tried any of these products or products similar that you would suggest or like to give me your opinions on? I would love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!