Saturday, August 2, 2014

NYX Dream Catcher/ Dusk til Dawn Palette Review!

The other day during my Ulta trip and haul, I picked up this cute palette put out by NYX.  It is called the Dream Catcher Palette/ Dusk til Dawn. The colors  remind me immensely of the Naked 2 palette colors, bronzes, a few taupes, and a matte black. The eyeshadows themselves have very little fallout and don't easily crease without primer, so I can't even imagine what it would be like with a primer.



The pigmentation of these shadows is absolutely astounding!  These swatches were done without primer and I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched them by how pigmented they were.  Also, while swatching them with my fingers, I felt how velvety soft they are and they almost have a creamy texture to them while being powders.  Since there are no names I will use numbers to describe them and will go from left to right on each row.
Top Row:
1. This color is a black with purple and gold shimmer running through it.  Unlike many glitter shadows, it is soft and velvety to the touch and very nice to apply.
2.  This is the gold in the palette.  It has a frost/ shimmer to it and again is velvety to the touch.
3. This color is a pure white with a shimmer of silver/white running through it.  This is the least pigmented of the group, but with it being white I wasn't expecting anything spectacular in the realm of pigmentation.
4. This color is a bronze shimmer.  It is true in how dark it is, I wasn't expecting it to be so dark when I put it on my eyelids.
5. This is one of the only two mattes in the palette.  This one is a soft brown/taupe kind of color.  I will probably be using this as my new eyebrow filler once I dye my hair back to blonde next week.
Bottom Row:
1. This color is a medium brown/bronze with a shimmer running through it.
2. This color is a dark brown with a shimmer running through it.
3. This color is the odd one out of the group because it almost has a rose gold hue to it.  Personally, I think this is the prettiest of the bunch.
4. This is a charcoal color with a shimmer running through it.  It has to be one of the prettiest charcoal colors I've come across.
5. This is your standard matte black.  I don't think I'll get much use out of this color.
Have you tried any of the NYX products? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!