Wednesday, August 6, 2014

If I could only use five nail polishes for the rest of my life...

I saw another blogger I follow do I post just like this and it spurred me to do my own.  It made me think about which polishes were truly my favorite, and then narrow it down from there.

1.  Sinful Colors in 1102 "Kissy"- This color is absolutely gorgeous when put on the nails and is also a lot of fun! It's a deep blue green with plenty of glitter in it.  This nail polish becomes opaque in two coats, isn't streaky, and is also easy to remove.  I chose this color because I needed one 'fun' color in the bunch and I've really been loving wearing this lately.
2. Orly in "Passion Fruit"- This was one of my first high end (ish) nail polish purchases and I still love it to this day.  The polish is non-streaky and is opaque in one coat.  It's hard to tell in the picture but the polish is a bright neon (think safety pink neon) color.  I chose this color because of how much I love bright colors and pink, this way I kill two birds with one stone.
3. Essie in "Mesmerized"- Disclaimer, I'm sad to say that I think this color has been discontinued so if any of you fellow Whovians out there read this blog and know of another Tardis Blue nail polish, let me know.  I picked up this nail polish because it was, well, Tardis blue but I wound up really liking it.  I put this in my collection of five polishes because it's (a) a beautiful color and (b) it fulfills my nerd needs. This becomes opaque after two coats and isn't streaky in any way.
4. Essie in "Penny Talk"- I absolutely adore this nail polish.  It's gorgeous and has a lovely finish. I needed to have a neutral in this band of nail polishes, so this is what I chose.  Not necessarily a neutral but it can pass as one if need be.  This could work with just one coat but I prefer to use two just to be safe.  Can you tell that I really like Essie nail polishes yet?
5. OPI in "The Spy Who Loved Me"- What kind of list would this be without a red put into the mix? This is hands down my favorite red in my collection.  It's not just a true red but also has a gold shimmer running through it.  I do wear this one quite often because I love it so much.  I don't think you can get this anymore because it was a special release when the latest James Bond movie came out.
So there you have it, the five nail polishes I would be able to live with for the rest of my life if need be, which I hope it never comes to that.  What are your top five nail polishes? XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hello! i have nominated you for a liebster award on my blog post! i love your blog and am super excited to hear your answers if you get round to it! :)

    http://rhisadultlife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award-what.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!