Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Spotlight Series: Essie Nail Polish


I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past couple of days, but to make up for that I'm starting a spotlight series on some of my favorite nail polish and today's post is about the brand Essie.  Most of the Essie nail polishes that I own from Essie are blue, there is only one pink.  I am trying to remedy that predicament.



From Left to Right is On a Silver Platter, Mezmerised, A Cut Above, Rock the Boat, and Strut Your Stuff.
  • On A Silver Platter- This is the newest edition to my Essie collection.  I really like how it is such a silver gold glitter with blue sequins.  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I'm very excited to do so.
  • Mezmerised- This is my favorite out of the whole bunch because it reminds me of my favorite TV show, Doctor Who.  This goes on smoothly and is opaque in one coat but I always do two just to be safe.
  • A Cut Above- This is part of their Luxe collection meaning that it is chock full of pink glitter. I've used this as a topper on lighter, complimentary colors.  It would take three or more coats to make it opaque.
  • Rock the Boat- I got this at Nordstrom Rack for $6 instead of the usual $8.50.  It has a barely noticeable shimmer and does go on a bit streaky.  All in all, not my favorite Essie polish.
  • Strut Your Stuff- I just put this on my nails last night and boy is it nice! It's the perfect mix between light and dark blue and it goes on opaque in one coat. I'm so glad I picked this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!