Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back to School: Lookbook #3

Hello my stars and welcome back to what is usually a video but today I decided to make my video into a post.  Today's post is a lookbook that is back to school ready and appropriate.  A fairly neutral eye with a pop of color on the lips and everything else being in the pretty neutral territory.

First, the base, enter the Superstay Better Skin Foundation by Maybelline which was wonderfully gifted to me for review from the people at Influenster.  This foundation is nice and light on the skin AND it has good benefits in it, like sunscreen! This is what the bottle looks like:
I have already started to see a difference in my skin since I took the Three Week challenge.  My skin looks better, brighter, and healthier. All good things guys.
Next up, what I used for blush- I actually used a highlighter by Japonesque in the second color.  I think it's called the Liquid Light, but I can't be totally certain.  It works as a highlighter AND as a blush on me because it has pink undertones. One pump is more than enough for both cheeks because you don't want to overdo it, ya know? It is a beautiful product that I got a few weeks back, and I really am enjoying it!
Third, we have the eyes. I did not line my eyes for this look, trying to make it as minimal as possible so you can get out the door when it comes to school.  I used a beautiful Bare Minerals eyeshadow palette that I received for my birthday, but I only used three colors; the white, the greyish taupe, and the sparkly pink (but not too sparkly). The pink went on the lid, the greyish taupe went in the crease and the white is matte but makes the perfect brow and inner corner highlight.
 (Isn't the packaging the cutest?)
 They also give you three looks for work, weekend, and party on the top of the lid.  I finally found this at Sephora.com, so if you would like to order it, it is $26 (but a $50 value) and you  can get it here.  If you have trouble finding it, it is called the Work, Weekend, Wow palette by bareMinerals.They also have a pack of three double ended lip products of their Moxie Lipglosses which you can get here and they are called GLOSS on the go.  For my lashes I used my Colossal Volume mascara.
Finally on my lips I used one of thier Chunky lip crayons in XOXO ( a very vibrant pink) because everything else is neutral, you can get away with using a brighter lip color.
And now the look reveal:
What do you think? Would this be a look you think you could pull off for school?
XOXO Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!