Monday, August 24, 2015

Adore Me Lookbook #2

Hello my Stars, Emma here, back with another Adore Me Lookbook! As I mentioned in this post, I have discovered the website Adore Me and I'm in love with their lingerie.  So as a little fun thing, I've decided to take some of their pieces of lingerie and pair some fun makeup looks with them.  You can find the Adore Me website here and specifically browse their lingerie through here.  They are always updating what they have on their website, which means I am constantly on there looking at all of the beautiful things they carry.  The look I did today is for a lingerie set called the Cindy Push Up and it comes in a total of six colors but I chose to go off of the yellow (mainly because I can't wear yellow clothes because they turn me red, so might as well wear yellow underwear!) Let's get to how I got the look!


1. The Products Used:
I used a multitude of products to get this gentle and slightly sexy look, starting with the eyes.  I used a palette as well as a single shadow, I used the Maybelline original The Nudes palette and then the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow/pressed pigment in Amber Rush.  Just a side not, this is a gorgeous shadow and should be owned by all. Annywaaaayy, I packed the Amber Rush color all over my lid using my finger, not a brush, because it made the color more intense and pigmented and, frankly, sparkly! I then used a matte taupe color from the Nudes palette to do my crease and then a sparkly white in the palette to do my browbone and inner corner.  Putting something like a shimmery white or gold or even sometimes silver can really help to open those beautiful peepers up!  I then lined my eyes with a brown eyeliner so that the look was not too harsh.  I then took my Urban Decay Perversion mascara and loaded up my lashes for maximum volume and length.  
For my face, I used the Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation with the accompanying powder to give a nice matte look so that I could highlight with MAC's Soft and Gentle, a staple of mine in almost every single makeup look I do on myself or clients.  To cover any blemishes I had, I used the Maybelline Dark Circle and Dark Spot eraser to hide my under eye circles and my acne scarring.   For my brows, I used my IT Cosmetics brow pencil in Universal Taupe and then held them in place with Rimmel's clear eyebrow gel.  For blush I took my favorite NARS Super Orgasm blush and put that all over my cheeks.  I also did a light contour with the BH Cosmetics Sculpt and Glow palette. This just helps to create the look of a more refined and symmetrical features.  
*This Was The Final Product*
 Finally for my lips I used NYX Lip crayon in XOXO topped with my favorite YSL lipgloss which, sadly, has no name.
So, why did I choose a look like this for this set of lingerie? I chose it because the pieces themselves are soft and delicate, with the color and the lace and floral pattern, but being a push up makes it just a tiny bit sexy.  I wanted the eyes to still be a bit neutral but with a real POW factor with the sparkle of the Amber Rush.  Topping it off with a pink, not red, lip gives it that 'come hither' look without being too completely sexy.  Basically I wanted sexy but sophisticated.  I hope you enjoyed reading this lookbook, please come back soon for another lookbook just like this one! XOXO Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!