Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Lookbook #4: Wedding Makeup

As wedding season approaches for the fall, I figured it would appropriate to post a Wedding lookbook.  I did a purple and pink sunset eye with a black wing and a nude pink lip.  I hope you enjoy this look!

Here are some of the face products that I used:

 To highlight I used the now very popular Jaclyn Hill Becca Highlighter in Champagne pop.  It creates a beautiful glow that can either be soft or intense, either way it works for practically everyone.
 I also used the Cindy-Lou Manizer as a blush topper for the blush shown below by Luminess in Rose Petal (I believe).  It is an airbrush blush and so it goes on softly and creates a beautiful look on the cheeks.
 I used the brand new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit to add even more glow, a little bit of bronze and just a little bit of color to the cheeks.  I absolutely adore this palette, please leave a comment down below if you would like to see a whole post dedicated to the review of this palette.
These are the products I used on my eyes:
 For the crease and the base of the eye I used Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette.  It has the perfect combination of pink and rose gold, helping to add to the sunset effect on the eye.
 I took a sample of the Stila Metals eyeshadow and used that to give the inner part of the eyelid a little bit of extra sparkle, sparkle.
 These are the two liners I used, an ELF cream liner and then a kohl pencil liner in black to line my water line.
Then my favorite piece from this look, the Rose pigment from MAC. It adds such a beautiful shimmer and pop to the eyes, I feel the look would not be complete without it.  Be careful as there will be some fallout, so you may want to do your eyes first and your base second so you can wipe away any fallout without wiping away any of your other hard work.
When it comes to lips, you want something that will last all day (or night) that is also not too bold so as not to clash with the very bold eyes.  For that, I chose the NYX Liquid lip Suede in Tea and Cookies.  This is a gorgeous nude/dusty rose pink that is mostly matte so it stays all day or night.  There is a little bit of transfer, so be careful when wiping your lips with a napkin so the product doesn't smear and give you what I call Joker Face  
This is the finished eye look.  You can tone it down or play it up according to your taste and the time of day for the wedding.  
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you will subscribe and come back soon for some more fun posts! Thanks for reading. XOXO 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!