Friday, November 8, 2013

Headshots: Makeup Do's and Don'ts


So as many of you know, I'm an actor, and this is my last year of college.  One of the perks, is that there is a weekend during your first semester when our Senior Seminar teacher brings in an alumni who does professional photography so we can get our headshots done for not $500.  I did mine in two 30 minute sessions so that I could get two different looks, a big shout out to Lindsey King who took all of the amazing photos.  
For headshots, you NEVER want to have over done or cakey makeup.  You want to look 'natural' but put together and nice.  That means, no super bright or trendy eye or liner colors, a nice lip, no bright unnatural cheeks, and natural lashes.  So let's just go over what I did for these photos!
Top photo:
I started by curling my hair with my flat iron and then spraying the bejeezus out of it with Aqua Net so it would stay because it happened to rain that day.  I then used my favorite Revlon PhotoReady liquid foundation and then my NYX dupe for NARS orgasm blush.  I then highlighted my cupids bow and right above my cheekbones with a NYX highlighter. I lined my eyes, top and bottom, with my Urban Decay 24/7 black eyeliner, and then used my BH Cosmetics color palette to do my eyeshadow.  I stuck with copper, light brown, and gold- neutral tones that would accent my eyes.  I finished this look off with a slick of Rimmel Apocalyps lip gloss in the bright pink color of which I can't remember the name of right now and a few swipes of my mascara of choice at the moment which is Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert.

Bottom Photo:
Basically the same face, except my hair is in it's natural state of being straight and instead of using a bright pink lipgloss, I used the double ended dimension lipstick from Covergirl.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty!!!! New follower here..saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so cool that you're an actress! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!