Tuesday, June 7, 2016

What Would I Put in a Beauty Box? (Things I want you to try!)

I was posed the question the other day; what would I put into a beauty box and why.  Then I thought, hey, that will make a great post! So here we are, another Tuesday and I'm sitting here at my computer with makeup products surrounding me from my previous photo shoots and I'm posed the question again, what would I put into a beauty box?  After much contemplation, I have finally come up with my answer and I hope you like it because they are all things I think you need to try.

First up in my beauty box, in no particular order, are these beauties: OPI Nail Lacquer [I Eat Mainely Lobster], Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious mascara, Bath and Body Works Pocketbac [Believe- Pink Citrus], and Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask.
~ OPI Nail Lacquer: I would want this in the box because OPI is such an amazing brand and they do such great collaborations with new film releases it would be the perfect Pop Culture reference.  Another big bonus is that they come in mini sizes, which is what I would put in the box. 
~Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious mascara: I would want any good mascara to go in the box, but I chose this one specifically because it really gets into the root and makes your lashes appear fuller  and more, well, lush!
~Bath and Body Works Pocketbac: I would want any pocketbac to go into the box because it is a good habit to clean your hands before you touch your face or do your makeup, and sometimes you're not near running water so this comes in nice and handy.  I picked this scent because it's nice and summery and bright. 
~ PTR Cucumber Gel Mask: I would want this in the box because every good box needs a mask and these are minis of some of the best masks I have ever used.  I specifically chose the cucumber one because it's moisturizing, great for dry, combination, and oily because it's a gel and not a cream. 

Next up in the box (this is a good sized box mind you) is a mini NARS Super Orgasm blush, a City Color Lip and Cheek Stain in Cotton Candy, and a Catrice Liquid Metal shadow in We are the Champagnes.
~ NARS mini blush in Super Orgasm- Everyone should own a NARS blush in their life and it should be one of the iconic ones, which also happens to be my favorite blush in general. No one said I couldn't include high end products so...
~City Color Lip and Cheek Stain in Cotton Candy: I chose this product for the specific reason of it's color, it will look good on anyone! Yes, it looks a bit frightening in the pan but trust me, it can be built up for darker skin tones and sheered out for the fairest of them all. Plus it's a double duty product, who wouldn't want that?
~ Catrice Liquid Metal shadow in  We are the Champagnes.  I chose this shadow because it's a nice shimmery one that can be a sheer wash or built up to a bold opaque color.  You can use it with a brush or with your fingers if you really want to pack it on. Plus the color looks great on practically everyone.
Here we have the ELF "C" Brush, a perfume sample, the ELF Makeup Remover Pen, The Essence eyeshadow pencil in Whipped White Frosting, and a ColourPop Lippie Stick in Juicy (hyperglossy)
~ELF "C" Brush: Each box should come with a high quality yet inexpensive brush, enter in the "C" brush by ELF.  This is a great brush for doing the crease but is also dense enough to pack on loose shadows.
~ELF Makeup Remover Pen: I think everyone needs to own one of these. End of Story.
~Perfume Sample: I personally love when a box comes with a perfume sample because it gives me a chance to wear and try scents I may not have tried before.  The one pictured is a nice Toca perfume and it comes in a nice glass vial with a nice spray nozel. Just what I am looking for.
~ColourPop Lippie Stick in Juicy (hyperglossy): Well of course there had to be a lip product in there! What kind of box that I've curated would it be without there being a lip product.  I chose this one because it is fairly priced and is of great quality.  It comes in sturdy packaging and there is very little chance of the product breaking in transit.
~ Essence Eye crayon in Whipped White Frosting: Now, I chose this for many reasons, the first of which is I am a big proponent for basing your eye with a white cream shadow stick to make the colors stand out.  Two, it's got some shimmer to it so it can be used as a brow bone highlight.  Three, it's not just for brow bones but can also be used to highlight the high points of your face (when blended correctly)
Thanks for reading, what would you put into a beauty box? I'd love to know! XOXO
YouTube//Facebook//Twitter//Instagram-Beauty//Instagram-Planner//Instagram- My Life//Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!