Thursday, June 2, 2016

Products You Need For The Summer | All Under $15

As the summer season is fast approaching, I wanted to share with you some of my skincare and makeup items that are my staples not just for summer but for the whole year.  I would love to know what some of your makeup and skincare staples are, we can learn from each other!  Click that read more button to see what I've picked.



Let's start with skincare since, without it, our makeup wouldn't lie nicely, our hair would look greasy, and we would stink!

1. Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer: Now this isn't something that is crucial to wear at any time of the year because it has an SPF of 15 in it, and you can get sunburned even if it's cloudy.  There is no scent and it's light on the skin so when it's hot you don't feel like your baking in the sun because of a heavy moisturizer.
2. Mario Badescu Facial Spray: This is my all time favorite face mists for the summer because it has aloe, herbs and rosewater in it which helps to cool you down on a hot summer day.  It also works wonders if you have a sunburned face because of the Aloe in it so it helps with the pain.  It also soothes any redness that you have on your face  which makes it a great skin prep before makeup.
3. Aussie Total Miracle 7 in 1 Dry Shampoo: I chose this because I don't wash my hair every single day when I bathe, but also because hair gets greasier a lot faster in the summer  because of the heat and all the sweat that is being produced.
4. Freemans Anti Stress Mask: This is my all time favorite Freeman's mask because it smells divine, soothes the skin, and turns your face blue but doesn't stain your skin.  Face masks are a great treat during the summer because of all of the sweat that clogs your pores.
5. Lush Mint Juleps lip scrub: This is a great summer staple (okay, frankly it's a year round staple) because when it's hot out your lips can become flakey and dry and that's just not a cute look.  It's also great because it's made with sugar and no chemicals, so I just lick mine off after scrubbing.  I just did a post on how to get plump kissable lips and you can read it here.
6. Degree Motion Sense Dry Spray: I love this deodorant for the summer because it's light, it dries immediately, and it claims to last 48 hours.  This way if you're wearing a black or dark colored tank top there won't be any white marks. I love the spray aspect for the summer as well because sometimes a stick can feel a little heavy.
7. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: Next to Carmex, this is probably my favorite summer lip balm because it's lightweight yet hydrating and it's medicated so it protects you from getting chapped and painful lips.

Now we're onto the base, the face.
1. ELF pore minimizing primer and Makeup Revolution London Pro Base Spray: I put these two together because they do the same thing, it just depends on preference which you like better.  You need a primer during the summer especially or else your makeup will just melt off.  Both of these are very reasonably priced too, as I said nothing over $15.
2. Garnier BB Cream: This is fantastic to have during the summer because you are going to have a lot of days where you don't want to wear an actual foundation but you want some sort of coverage on your face.  It's great because it let's your skin breathe while evening out skin tone and moisturizing your face and neck.
3. Makeup Revolution London Pro Fix/Setting spray: Again, another big staple you need to have for the summer.  This spray works wonderfully, mists out evenly, has oil control (another bonus for the summer), and you get a good amount of it.
4. Maybelline Better Skin Foundation: This is a really nice foundation for the summer because while it is a medium buildable foundation, it's very light weight and allows your skin to breathe so that it won't clog your pores.  Another reason it is great for the summer during the day is because it has an SPF 15 in it protecting your skin even more, especially if you use a moisturizer with SPF too like the one I mentioned above.  I reviewed this product on my blog and you can find it here.
5. City Color Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Stain: During the summer, it's really good to have a cream blush that can double as a lip stain because sometimes the simpler the makeup the better.  Also, I highly recommend using it on your cheeks before your powder blush because it will give the powder something to stick to, giving it longer lasting power.
6. Catrice Highlight Powder: It's a highlighter. I love highlighters. Does much more need to be said as to why it's in here? Yes? Okay, this highlighter in particular is great for the summer because it gives you a subtle glow without looking over the top, wet, or oily.
7. Maybelline Fit Me concealer: This is my staple spot concealer for the whole year because it has a great medium to full coverage.  I love this for the summer because I can wear it without a foundation if I so desire.
8. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer: I bought this when it was all the rage and it quickly became my favorite under eye concealer from the drugstore.  It does wonders at covering up those dark circles from those long, memorable summer nights.
9. ELF blush in Peachy Keen: Why would I mention this color and not on anything else I've mentioned? Because, this color is the best color for  the summer for fair skin tones.  It's slightly bronzy and slightly peachy.  During the summer I don't like to use my usual pink blushes, I prefer the more neutral side of things to embrace the au natural look that comes with the summer.
10. Rimmel Bronzer in (I believe) Sunshine: Summer is really the only time I use bronzers, except to contour of course, and I only use it during the summer because it's the only way I can look tan.  I can't stay in the sun too long without SPF on because my family has a history with skin cancer and, since I am so fair, I don't tan- I burn. So this is a nice compromise.  Not to dark, not too light, and not overly orangey.
Now onto the eyes and the lips:
1. Rimmel Clear Brow Gel: I've used this one for so many summers that it has just become a staple over the years.  I can just glide it over my bare brows for a natural look, or after I've filled them in with one of my brow products.
2. NYX Micro Brow pencil: This is a great pencil because it doesn't give big broad strokes so your eyebrows don't look too heavy.  During the summer, you want everything to be light and airy and that's just what you want during the summer with your brows.  Well, at least that's what I want.
3. Wet n Wild Palettes in Walking on Eggshells and Comfort Zone.  These palettes have all of the colors you would need to create a nice light look for during the day and then it can be transformed into a night look easily. Their shadows are just great all around but I usually use them mostly during the summer time.
4. NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk: I use this as a base for my eyeshadows, especially during the summer, because it blocks out the color of my eyelids really well, doesn't crease even when my lids get oils, and in turn then the eye shadow does not crease.
5. Wet n Wild Gel Cream liner: I love a gel cream liner during the summer because it is a lot less fuss to get it on evenly when you're hot and sweaty and grumpy from the heat and just can't deal.  It also stays on through average amounts of sweat during the summer but it is NOT waterproof.
6. Black Pencil liner (brand unknown) You always need a black pencil liner to complete your look and this one is perfect.
7. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara: This mascara is great for the summer because it doesn't flake and it doesn't look clumpy, it just gives you some nice looking lashes.  The wand is natural bristle which makes that much better.
8. Revlon Matte Lip Crayon- With the matte lip craze going on, I figured those would be the ones I chose for this post.  This is a great crayon because it doesn't dry your lips out like crazy even though it's matte and the color is a nice neutral toned dusty rose, perfect with any makeup look.
9. Colour Pop Matte liquid lipstick: I love liquid lipsticks during the summer because you are drinking so much water, drinks, and alcohol (if you're of age) it won't rub off, especially this one.  This sucker stays and does not budge.  And I picked the brightest colored one I had because in the end summer is all about playing with colors and neutrals together to create one fanastically awesome look.
I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did please be sure to keep coming back for more as well as checking out my other social media which I will link down below. XO Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!