Tuesday, June 14, 2016

10 Things My Fellow Bloggers (and YouTubers) Have Taught Me

Here in the blogging community we are very lucky because, on the whole, we support each other.  Yes there is negativity and cat fighting going on out there in the nethersphere we call the internet but that's just life isn't it? I've been lucky enough to learn so great and valuable lessons along the way from bloggers who do know me and those who don't even know I exist.  Here I am going to list for you the ten top lessons I have either been given by bloggers or that I have read as advice on their blogs.
1. Editing is your friend.Some may say that this makes it all fake, but could you honestly look me in the eye and say you'd rather see an unedited photo that is dark and slightly fuzzy or a video with a million stops, starts, and dance breaks? I didn't think so.  Editing makes you look put together and professional.  I just got into editing my photos so I'm still learning so it's definitely a learning curve. 
2. Network, Network, Network! This is probably the biggest piece of advice I've learned in my years of social media and just being an actor in general. Get business cards made or make them yourself to hand them out to anyone and everyone so that you can get your name out there about your work.  Networking is how people get jobs and how people succeed, it takes time though and can be tough but is worth it in the end. 
3. Be yourself and the rest will fall in line. Don't try to be anyone else but yourself because inevitably it will be seen through and you will loose more people than you win.  While there will always be those trolls and haters out there who dislike people no matter what, there will also be a group of people who will like you for who you are.
4. Have a welcoming environment to work in. So I'm not the best one at this but having a welcoming environment really helps you relax your way into your work.  I've just recently added a plant to my desk and it really brightens my mood when I work.
5. Invest in your craft. This was a hard one for me to do because I thought what I had was good enough I've learned quickly within the year that it wasn't and that I truly had to invest not only my money but my time into my social media if I wanted to get noticed.  So invest in editing software, sign up for PicMonkey, invest in backgrounds, get a logo made. Do what it takes for how far you want to go.
6. Always have a notebook/notepad and camera at the ready. You never know what you're going to see or hear or read that might inspire you, so be on your toes and be ready!
7. Your creativity may not be that of others but it is still creative. Creative is creative, no matter what.  Don't compare your genius to someone else's genius or else you'll just be miserable.  Just enjoy the creative process and let those creative juices flow.
8. Have a good support system. A good support system is invaluable. They are the ones who are there for you when it seems like the world is against you: you're getting hate, your editing software won't work, etc.
9. Have a running list of post and video ideas, no matter how silly they may seem at the time. Every single idea I have for my blog or youtube channel or any social media, I immediately write it down even if I have no idea how to do it or if it sounds completely idiotic. Some of my best ideas have come really late at night or in my sleep, so be sure to keep a notepad in your night stand.
10.  Remember to take time for yourself, step away from the camera and blog for a bit. If you don't step back every once in awhile, you're likely to get bogged down with no ideas and no passion and no drive to do any of it. I experienced that earlier this year, which is why my blog went on hiatus from December to March, but I'm back now!

Here are some of my blogging inspirations, in case you would like to check them out!
My Other Social Media:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!