Sunday, April 13, 2014

This or That: Clarisonic vs. Olay Pro X

I've decided to start doing a new thing on this blog, a segment that will henceforth be known as "This or That".  I will take two products that seem to do the exact same thing, but have slight differences.  I will let you know which one I personally think is best.  Does that sound alright to everyone? Okay? Okay. (Name that book!)

The Clarisonic has become a major cult product since it first hit shelves a few years ago. I personally don't own one but my mom does so I've been able to give it a go a few times and form an opinion about it.  Claiming to make skin clearer, more radiant, and less acne prone was some of it's biggest selling points.  The head doesn't spin, it more pulses against the skin helping to remove dirt and grime better than just washing your face with your hands.  One of the biggest deterrent for people when thinking about buying this product is it's price, the cheapest one being a few dollars short of one hundred.  In my opinion that's a bit steep to pay for a face cleansing brush.  There are multiple heads for different uses such as exfoliation, daily washing, and for sensitive skin.  The battery is rechargeable, which means that you can save money on batteries when looking to invest in this product.

The Olay Pro X came out a year or two ago and I snatched this up right away. The bristles of this are not as densely packed as that of the Clarisonic but in my mind that is a bonus.  Since they are not as tightly packed, it's not as rough on my skin.  A big bonus of this product is that it only costs $20-$25, depending on where you get it.  Instead of the head pulsing to get the dirt and grime off of your face, the brush head spins which I personally think gives you a better clean.  This is not rechargeable, unlike the Clarisonic, so you do have to buy batteries for it but I've only had to replace the batteries once. There are only two brush heads to choose from, the one shown above and then a spongey one that is supposed to help with microderm abrasion. I would like them to come out with a few more brush heads because then that would really put it in the running with the Clarisonic.
Personally, I would choose my Olay Pro X over the Clarisonic because it is gentler on my skin and more purse friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!