Thursday, May 2, 2013

Welcome to Gilligan's Island!

The other day, Dawn Wells came to Stephens to film part of the 50th anniversary documentary for Gilligan's Island.  She played Mary Ann on the tv show, but she is also a Stephens woman who was a part of our theatre department.  Before she started filming the first few interviews with the three people who volunteered first she was just chatting with us, and SHE COMMENTED ME ON MY EYE SHADOW AND MAKEUP!


I did very simple base makeup, so I won't go into that. Even though my eye shadow isn't as bright and colorful as usual but it still used some colors that I had never tried before.  I used a peach color all over my lid that had just the slightest hint of sparkle in it and then for the outer corners, half the way across the crease, and right up against my top lashes until half way I used a coppery color.  It wasn't as coppery as copper pots and pans, but it is in the copper family.  Plus, it's FINALLY becoming spring/ summer and I thought these colors really helped to wrap those two seasons into one.  The eye shadows I used were from the BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette 3rd Edition.  I tried to keep my eyes simple, but still with a pop, and to look professional because in this business- Appearance is one quarter of landing a job, two quarters is your connections, and then one quarter is your talent.  The theatre majors who went to this event looked nice and professional, so as to be taken seriously.
What do you guys think of this look? Yay or Nay? Would you try something in this color family like this? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!