Tuesday, May 14, 2013

NOTD: Color Block!

Color blocking has become big in fashion this year, and I saw this nail design in my aunt's In Style magazine and wanted to try it.  This was so super easy to do!! I used a Sinful Colors lilac purple as the base, I painted the whole nail this color and then built upon it.  I didn't use any tape or special brushes to do the horizontal stripes, it was really easy to do it with the brush provided with the polish.  I used a coral-y pink from the Nicole OPI collection, sadly I don't think they carry the color anymore, and I picked an angle and painted the polish over top the purple at an angle from one side to the other.  As you can see it doesn't have to be corner to corner- it can be how large of a block, or how sharp of an angle you choose.  I just did whatever happened with each nail!  Once that dried I took what I call Tardis Blue, and did the other angles the same way.  The blue is by Essie and is called Mesmerized if I can recall correctly.  This is a really easy design to do, and if you mess up it still looks really cool!
Have you tried this trend yet? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!