Monday, April 20, 2015

Birchbox Vs. Ipsy Bag April 2015


I have been getting Birchbox for the past two years but recently I decided I would like to try the Ipsy Bag and now, inspired by eleventhgorgeous, I'm going to do a Birchbox vs. Ipsy match! Keep reading to see my thoughts on the products and who wins!


 In my Ipsy Bag (pictured above) is:
1. Hey Honey Good Morning - Honey Silk Facial Serum
2. Hikari Cosmetics- Blush in Tango
3. the Balm cosmetics- Nude Dude eyeshadow single in Fit ( a shimmery copper)
4. Starlooks- Satin Finish lip gloss in Cuddle
5. Jor'el Parker- Femina Perfume with notes such as  Meyer Lemon, White Grapefruit, Satsuma Mandarin, Summer Forsythia, Pink Plumeria, Wild Verbena, Tahitian Vanilla, Sensual Musk.
Response: I was so very pleased with this bag, especially since it was my first! A full size blush, a ROLLERBALL perfume sample, a High End (or what I consider high end) shadow sample, a sample lipgloss larger than my finger nail, and an awesome (review coming soon) serum for during the day.  This was such an amazing thing to receive in the mail, and I am so so so glad I signed up.  If you want to sign up and try Ipsy, click this link and sign up! Click this and sign up today!!!
1. Number 4 Hydrating Shampoo
2. Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
3. Whish Shaving Cream (not pictured)
4. Harvey Prince Hello Liquid Loofa

5. Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER highlighter.
Response: I really wasn't pleased when I opened my box and saw the Whish shaving cream, I've gotten it so many times in my box and I absolutely hate the brand.  I don't know what it is about it exactly, I just really don't like it- so I gave it to my dad.  I am excited though, to try the other things. Especially the Harvey Prince face wash and the Jelloy Pong Pong highlighter.  I love Harvey Prince and you guys know I love my highlighters.  I finally have a travel sized shampoo to go with my travel size conditioner in my travel bag and the face rejuvinator I'll have to be careful about because my skin is quite sensitive now.  Big bonus though, no foil packets from Birchbox, yay!!!

All in all, I think Ipsy won hands down because the products were nice and they were very generouns trial sizes instead of foil packets or itty bitty lip glosses the size of my finger tip (yes I'm looking at you Birchbox)  I'm very pleased with my bag and shall continue my subscription.  As for Birchbox, I may not renew it when the time comes. Sorry. 
Do you get these boxes/bags? Which do you prefer and what did you get this month? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!