Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Product I regret buying: E.L.F. Moisturizing Stick Foundation

 A few months back I had done an E.L.F. Haul and got three of their foundations, one being the Moisturizing Stick Foundation. When I tested it on my hand, it seemed perfect- creamy, good coverage, moisturizing yet not greasy.  Then I tried it on and boy was I way beyond disappointed.
 Not only was it difficult to apply, both straight from the stick, with a brush, and with a sponge so I did try my hardest to find a way to make it work.  Needless to say, nothing worked. I was just so disappointed because the other two that I ordered, the Acne Foundation and the Cream compact, work beautifully and don't hang onto the dry patches.  For the stick foundation all I have to say is STAY AWAY.  It clings to every little dry patch even if you moisturized right before you applied the foundation.  Talk about frustrating. First I tried it with just my fingers and that didn't work, then I tried to apply it with the stick straight to my face.  This method didn't work either because then it really clung to the dry patches on your face as well as accentuating those little baby hairs that we can't really do anything about but most women (myself included) are self conscious of those little baby hairs.  This foundation just makes them stick out like a sore thumb.  The buffing brush is where I got the best application but it was still patchy at best.
So, my final verdict is to pass on this product and try either the Revlon Photo Ready Stick foundation or the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation. XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Too bad it didn't work! I have tried the Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick and really loved it though!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of trying the Maybelline Fit Me Sticks so I'll definitely have to give it a go.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!